The Conference and Events team support the reduction of the environmental and social impacts of conference and meeting activity.
We are proud of our sustainability credentials and hold the highest possible accreditation under the Green Tourism Business Scheme – the leading industry sustainability standard and the largest accreditation scheme of its kind. In November 2015 we received citywide recognition by achieving the Greater Manchester Sustainable Tourism award.
The University has developed a dynamic approach to managing its activities and estate
Did you know?
- The Business School and Brooks Building are both rated “Excellent” by BREEAM
- We are the first University in the UK to achieve the ISO14001:2015 standard
- We implemented an environmental system and achieved EcoCampus Platinum in 2016
- We source sustainable local food and drink products and have a Food Ethics Policy
- We have recycling stations across the University
- 99% of the University’s waste is diverted from landfill
- We’ve got electric charging points and bicycle pumps available across campus
- The Birley site has an orchard, herb gardens and wetland, which contribute to encouraging urban biodiversity
Responsible Visitor Charter – support our initiatives to reduce the impact on the environment
If you want to make your event as sustainable as possible, talk to us about how we can help you to meet your green objectives.
More about our industry accreditations